BASF is expanding the existing Engineering Hub in Spain to support investment projects, among other in the field of battery materials.
- You will coordinate and contribute to engineering activities related to Civil, Structural, Architectural, Master Planning Engineering and Technical Building Facilities TBF (HVAC, firefighting, Labs, etc.) design across all project phases (conception to execution) ensuring a timely, functional and cost-effective execution.
- Furthermore, you are responsible for compliance with health, safety and environmental standards.
- Together with the project management you are responsible for the Cost estimates, schedules and quality planning of all Civil, Structural, Architectural and TBF questions.
- Moreover, you consult our internal customers in technology and operation to ensure the implementation of their requirements.
- You will serve as the main contact for the planning Construction trades during project execution.
- In addition, you steer the work executed by external Engineering and architectural offices during the phases of the project.
- You monitor the progress and provide guidance to contractors /suppliers during manufacturing and assembly.
- Degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering.
- Several years of professional experience in Civil Engineering of plant construction projects preferably the chemical industry in the fields of Master Planning, Building design, structural/concrete calculations and materials, TBF, etc.
- Preferably knowledge of dealing with relevant Civil work planning tools.
- Prior experience in dealing with external vendors and engineering contractors during the course of investment projects.
- Entrepreneurial action, the constant desire to drive innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- English languages are required. Spanish and German language skills are considered a plus.
- Willingness to travel frequently: Projects Design Phases and/or
- Execution will take place in different locations in Spain and globally.
We offer a wide range of responsibilities and improve the opportunities for our employees with on-the-job training, supported by an involved and competent team.
- You will receive an attractive and performance-related remuneration package (including company pension scheme, accident insurance and share program).
- An optimal work-life balance is ensured by flexible working hours and mobile working. In addition, we offer modern workplaces in a co-working atmosphere.
- You will receive support in your individual development and career goals in a creative and international environment.
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Esther Soriano (Talent Acquisition)
BASF is the world's first chemical company. We offer intelligent solutions for our customers and move towards a sustainable future. To this end, we promote the recruitment of people with different profiles around the world, which offers multiple opportunities for professional development.
For us, both performance and personality count, regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual identity, disability or ideology. Thus, at BASF, opportunities become professional careers.
At BASF, the chemistry is right.
Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.