Are you an entrepreneurial Senior Critical Power Architect with ambitions to make the Data Centers more sustainable? If so, we – as a trendsetter and market leader in the field of energy management and distribution – are looking for you!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is one of the leading global suppliers of products, integrated system, solutions, and services for the sustainable, reliable, and efficient transmission, distribution, and control of energy.
The business unit Electrification and Automation is responsible for the design and implementation of medium voltage and low voltage solutions, energy automation solutions and projects.
As a result of our success in the datacenter market and our ambition to grow further, we are looking for a Senior Critical Power Architect in Spain to create long-term, trusting relationships with our Data Center clients. In this role you will be responsible for the design, optimization, and implementation of the main electrical infrastructure of a Data Center for the Spanish market. Client contacts and active involvement during the sales and execution phase will be part of your daily work. Among our clients are leading Data Center operators, consultants and (electrical) contractors. You will be a member of the Siemens international Center of Competence for Data Centers. This group is purely focused on the Data Center market. Our clients are active globally. Your home base will be Madrid, Spain.
We value your in-depth and conceptual knowledge of electrical power distribution systems in the Spanish market. In combination with Data Center specific knowledge and experience, these skills would make you the perfect candidate.
What are my Tasks?
In this role you will support our global clients to enter and grow in the Spanish market. Additionally, you will support local consultants and local offices of global consultants in Spain on the below. You will be:
- Designing the main electrical infrastructure of Data Centers, including all relevant interfaces.
- Translating design outline letters into solutions that meet and exceed the clients expectation.
- Taking ownership of the design choices with the related functional and financial impact. Further developing of the technical relationship with end-clients, consultants and contractors.
- Supporting the sales organization to enable the further development of global named accounts.
- Developing close relationships with Siemens (international) operating capture and execution teams.
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in power engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in the design of power transmission and distribution systems and / or projects ranging from medium voltage down to low voltage in critical environments, preferable Data Centers.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the Spanish market.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key technical stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- You are eager and energetic, using your skills and initiative to seek out opportunity instead of waiting for it to come to you.
- You have the resilience and determination to nurture short and long design cycles.
- A special interest in interface management and creativity to think beyond the industry standards / practices.
- A flexible attitude and willingness to travel.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is must
What can we offer you?
Recognition, chances and opportunities are key components of working at Siemens. We are offering a fulltime post in an informal and professional working environment. You will have enough freedom to do your job as you see fit.
- You will work within a department that focuses on the latest technologies in the field of energy, given that we are active in a very broad section of the market. Our unique offering is that we execute projects from the design phase through to handover. In doing so, we make use of our own manufacturing plants.
- In addition, Siemens offers many opportunities for self-development. As well as numerous technical training courses, you will also have the opportunity to develop your personal competences. Job rotation opportunities will help you shape your career.
Siemens is committed to equal opportunities for women and men, as well as diversity as a source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experience makes us more competitive and better able to respond successfully to the society's demands. That's why we value candidates who reflect the diversity we enjoy in our company.